Nothing warms the holiday appetizer table like rich and creamy, ooey-gooey baked brie. A classic staple in its own right, the first slice through this flakey crust and into the soft cheese is superbly satisfying. Topped with a little bit of cracked sea salt and sweet red pears, this dish is perfectly paired with a crisp white wine or bit of bubbly champagne.
Baked Brie with Pears
- 1 ripe red pear
- 1 7-8 oz. brie wheel
- 1 orange
- 1 package frozen fillo dough
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. water
- sea salt
1. Core and slice pear. Place into a small bowl, and squeeze the juice of the orange over slices. Cover with water and set aside.
2. Make egg wash by whisking 1 Tbs. water with the egg until frothy. Set aside.
3. Coat a baking sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Lay one sheet of fillo dough onto the pan. Brush with egg wash, and layer with another sheet of dough. Repeat this process for 8-10 layers of fillo dough.
4. Lay brie wheel in the center of the dough. Wrap dough around the brie, and flip over so that all dough seams are on the bottom of the cheese. Brush all over with egg wash.
5. Arrange pear slices on top of brie, and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with crackers, crostini, or fruit and veggie slices.